<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6589715?origin\x3dhttp://deskoh91.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

dEsKOh91 VX

Chronicles of the world from my perspective.

Life - Memoirs: CSS 2004 to 2007

Sunday, September 02, 2007


this post is pretty darned long, mainly so I can reminiscent the old times when I take a look back a few years later. you dont really have to read it, but you are welcome to if you are feeling bored, seeing how long it is going to turn out.

==

the 3rd term had ended. as the end of my days in Commonwealth draws near, I cant help but feel a certain sense of nostalgia. all the friends and the memories will surely become part and parcel of me as all of us move on to the next stages in lives.

would I want to live through these four years again? very much so, but not if I am the only one around doing that. I shall be really sentimental and emo today and break up my memories into my four years there.

==

I really dont recall much of my secondary one life, but secondary one orientation did not seem that long ago. At The Beginning, the batch song, still fresh in my mind. 1/3 was a rather "international" class with quite a few nationalities. we have asians like from thailand, myanmar, philippines, china and india as well as europeans from france, and even down under from australia.

honestly speaking, the class wasnt really united in the first year, under the chairmanship of chai "screaming-and-shouting" chong keng, not that it is his fault la, more like because there is a lack of "bonding activities". I also remember it is that year that I became rather different. it is a rather difficult feeling to describe, in fact impossible, but just trust me on that la. zz.

it was a rather easy and free year, especially compared to the harsh pace in primary six. I slacked through the year and was ranked 120 in the stream. considering I did not even study and I made it in at near cut-off (it was 241 that year), that was really amazing.

==

secondary two came. IPW and NYAA are the major projects geared at making us busy. IPW was screwed right from the start thanks to a stupid choice of topic. there is really not much to talk about this unpleasant memory now, but I am really glad the group was still rather cooperative and not much "internal strife" broke out.

NYAA was still not that bad. the sec 2 NYAA camp was memorable, scrubbing mess tins like there was no tomorrow and then queueing up to see if it can pass "QC", courtesy of lim and choo. the dance thing was a total flop, and it reinforced my belief that I am hopeless in dancing.

hmm, sec 2 is the year I spent time with the gang made up of calvin, phyo, josef and chong keng. we spend time cracking dirty jokes and swearing to strip ********* and showing him how to masturbate (it is still not done). we also created some strange poem and drama during the literature class. those were the fun days.

the class also gradually bonded, especially after the teachers' day performance back then. this allowed the end of year chalet that year to happen, which I had wrote about in great detail somewhere in November 2005 and involved a major waterfight.

I did work pretty hard for my sec 2 exams, at least the EOY. I remembered mugging like a dog the day before the history exam, literally swallowing the entire "Understanding Our Past" textbook. and I got third in class for that. wee. I was really surprised when I see myself being ranked 48th in level. it got me edusave merit bursary for that year too. haha.

==

sec three was somewhat different from sec two. I entered 3/5, it is the pure biology and chemistry class. till today, I wondered if I should have chosen 3/2 (econs class). it would no doubt be a better environment, but I wondered how different my social circle would have turned out if I made a different choice then.

3/5 was the unofficially official chiobu class, the gathering of the finest our cohort can produce. as I written in a journal entry before, it was great for sightseeing of a different kind. hmm, hope no one was offended, just stating a general comment.

the downside to that would be the gender imbalance. there are 23 girls and 13 boys as of now. it used to be 24 girls and 15 boys, but amalina headed for aussie in june last year, hao cheng went to 3/1 last june too, and shawn went through a bad patch. as you can see, my class is quite small too, showing the combi's unpopularity. I personally think it is the school's pressure, as mr chan (ex HOD humans) keep telling everyone that you can still take up pure bio in JC if you want to.

the class was not what I consider united, but overall, getting some tasks done is still not that difficult. we are known for expressing extreme displeasure at teachers we do not like, a good example being aileen leong. I must say that while I do not disagree, I am not those in the front leading the pack.

the year went by quickly with plenty of tests and with a few good friends. term 3 went by the fastest, ExCEL Fest, SPOD and the school open house took up my time. the open house was the most interesting, seeing that both of my projects submitted are chosen, namely for math stories and combined humans.

my A Maths, Chemistry and E Maths were my worst subjects, chemistry and E Maths are the D7 and E8 range while A Maths was a total flop at F9. my chemistry and E Maths are now entering the C range, thank god.

==

secondary 4 was my most enjoyable year, when I made even more new friends throughout the year. whats more, they were mostly female. how fun. lol. it was indeed a year of heavy workload and tests, but because I dont take A Maths, I was thankfully relieved of most "chores" and days were really quite blissful.

because there are no CCAs and any other activities, every day was tests (mock exams mon and thu, chem tue, maths fri, CH thu) and remedials. I had no idea how I managed to sit through four tests weekly but it is all over now.

this year also showed me what is politics and bullying. at one point I was nearly involved in it but luckily pulled out in time. it is part and parcel of being ready for the future so I am alright with it.

==

prelims are halfway through, in a bit over a month O Levels will start. then all these will become a beautiful memory. when I look back at this two or three years later, I wonder how much would have changed. but I guess this cannot be answered till then.

at first I want to write about prelims and some random pics, but now no time liao, so till next time then.
posted by Desmond, 2:30 PM