<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6589715?origin\x3dhttp://deskoh91.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

dEsKOh91 VX

Chronicles of the world from my perspective.

MYE07 - Combined Humanities & Geography

Friday, May 04, 2007


did not use my computer this past few days, so I consolidated both posts into this.

damn, I simply dont have enough ideas to come up with a proper name. quakometer is less stupid sounding after all. nevermind.

==

Examnometer (as of today): 7 days
Quakometer (CH): 7.5
Quakometer (Geog): 6.0

==

Combined Humanities - SS

SEQ is relatively simple. did the one on diplomacy and deterrence. just a bit worried on the ASEAN part. don't know if the points I provided would go well.

SBQ is a total disaster. everyone agrees that these are one of the most difficult source-based questions ever appearing on tests to date. the questions are tricky and ask for unobvious things that takes a lot of thinking.

Combined Humanities - History

SEQ of this needs even lesser attention. the class predicted everything correctly. chapter 2, 5 and 9 came out. (China 1911-1937, WWII in Europe, China to Death of Mao). so I can practically do any question. did the WWII in Europe one anyway.

SBQ of this is less tricky and challenging, but still harder than normal. guess the school is testing the thinking this time round?

Geography Paper 1

still not that bad. managed to do physical geography with relative ease despite not studying for it. the mapwork is okay too. but I think I had some careless mistakes here and there. but this is nowhere as bad as paper 2.

Geography Paper 2

the real biggie. the physical geography questions are no doubt pretty easy, but the human geography ones really made me stumble.

the questions are really those that do not ask directly and there are a few times I wonder what the heck exactly should I write.

what is worse is I did not study agriculture, which is a really straightforward question that requires speed in writing, which I am okay with.

I am forced to do two questions for populations and settlements. both 6 and 7 have their own goods and bads. I am just worried I did not give what they asked for. which seems quite likely seeing what people have discussed.

==

discussion continues next post. this is strictly for exams reflections after all.
posted by Desmond, 9:32 PM