major update
Thursday, March 24, 2005
since I am so slack I decided to update everything at one go. have a great read =P
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The Prelouge: Daytime
17th March 2005, Day before 1st day of CWS
======================================
daytime is pretty uneventful. most interesting stuff happens only at nighttime. anyways, I reached the place with two seniors at about 7am in the morning. thanks to another senior, Ivan, we managed to secure seats 3 to 7 even though he forgot to reserve one more seat for Bahari. Ivan reserved the seat the previous day on 17th (which is 2 days before the thing begins) at 7pm. hurriedly reserved one more seat at 37 for Bahari first and I started exploring the place. read the history of creative a few times before I got bored of it and explored the first story here and there.
did not leave for the other levels until I got led to the Staff Canteen at the 7th storey. 8 of us which includes even more seniors and the guy who took the first two seats. nice scenery up there as it is the roof of the Headquarters and the canteen is designed with translucent glass and the aircon up there is extremely cooling. stepping out onto the roof are actually some staircase that can link you to the office buildings and not to forget the scenery. Creative Resource the building is situated at a location where there is not much blockage and it is sunny and cooling out at the roof.
bought some claypot rice for lunch. the bowl kept moving around so much that it took me half an hour to finish it. I skipped breakfast since I am enjoying the morning wind and cant be bothered wasting time for breakfast.
the rest of the daytime is spent on idle chats, walking around and whats not...on to night time...
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The Prelouge: Nighttime
17th March 2005, Night before 1st day of CWS
======================================
night is the time when we started looking for "clients" who wanted to buy star buys but came too late. we help them buy at a charge. as it goes later into the night, more people arrived though by about 10pm not as much people started arriving. anyway I found mine at around 8pm. many of us made plans on how much to make within the next days though it is unfortunately disrupted. more on that later.
only at about midnight did the few of us go for "dinner". my senior called kang sheng (ks) brought me and his neighbour zhi chong (zc), also a commonwealthian, went to the area near Jurong East Central to have dinner. it is the first time I took the path right under the MRT track which brings us there much faster than walking on the main road. at night the place is pretty creepy for there is no light and the terrain isnt flat, not to forget small drains here and there. the MRT track in that area as you know is located in some sort of grass field and away from light sources except the front. this journey is quite fun and I loved it quite a lot personally. finally reached the 24h food court near the interchange and bought a drink there. dont feel like buying the only noodle stall open at that time even though I am hungry. really dont know why myself.
after going the same way back to the Headquarters again. ks after being there a few times of course knew a few nice spots in the building together with the other seniors. the three of us went to fifth storey only to find the other four there already sleeping. the fifth storey is a much better place to sleep than the queue area for there is aircon and the cool floor. unfortunately we somehow got spotted by the security guard on duty and made us go back down. on our way down we saw the black colour balls where a security camera is installed and the security person told us it is a security camera. I liked zc answer of "Har that is a security camera ah? I thought is disco ball!".
back down to first storey is about 1am++ and I decided to go to the "auditorium" which is quite near the queue area to sleep instead. it is more cooling there and all but I am feeding the mosquitos and I finally went back to the queue area and I saw the auntie at the first two seats (whom we got along pretty well with) has laid out three or four mats and zc decided to sleep there. we had a chat with the auntie for a while before going to sleep at about 2.30am.
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The 1st Day: Daytime
18th March 2005, The 1st day of CWS
======================================
woke up at about 5.30am on that day after only about 3 hours of sleep and see ks sitting at the chair in front of me where I slept. seemed to me that he did not sleep at all. both of us went to clean ourselves up a bit and we joined Ruiming, yet another CCA senior and the son of the auntie in some card games. the personnel has gotten all signs up by now, probably hung on the previous night.
as we got later into the day. some people actually arrived only at about 7am++ hoping to get to buy the starbuys. with people like us around, fat hope. too bad we took all "clients" already...
at 10+am it is time to redeem tickets. we originally hoped to leave our bags at the seats, go up and buy the starbuys and pass it to the client and go back and queue. unfortunately the event official dont allow us to or I would have struck it rich. damn those idiots.
went home after this since I cant be bothered with buying a seat just to earn another 90 for the next day. not too worth it.
==================================
Visit to cousin's house
19th March 2005
==================================
went there to help them do a format and routinely install the standard drivers and applications back in. completed within 1+ hours since it is quite an easy job for me. other programs they wanna include they can install themselves.
basically spent most of the time resting there so nothing much to comment on.
==================================
Non Starbuys CWS Visit
20th March 2005
==================================
as my uncle wanted to get an MP3 player. I went to the CWS yet again and I chose a Rhomba NX for him finally for his focus is on FM and MP3. FM is the clearest with the NX and the MP3 functions of creative players are somewhat the same so it does not really matter.
quite tired now. may fill up with more stuff tomorrow.
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The Prelouge: Daytime
17th March 2005, Day before 1st day of CWS
======================================
daytime is pretty uneventful. most interesting stuff happens only at nighttime. anyways, I reached the place with two seniors at about 7am in the morning. thanks to another senior, Ivan, we managed to secure seats 3 to 7 even though he forgot to reserve one more seat for Bahari. Ivan reserved the seat the previous day on 17th (which is 2 days before the thing begins) at 7pm. hurriedly reserved one more seat at 37 for Bahari first and I started exploring the place. read the history of creative a few times before I got bored of it and explored the first story here and there.
did not leave for the other levels until I got led to the Staff Canteen at the 7th storey. 8 of us which includes even more seniors and the guy who took the first two seats. nice scenery up there as it is the roof of the Headquarters and the canteen is designed with translucent glass and the aircon up there is extremely cooling. stepping out onto the roof are actually some staircase that can link you to the office buildings and not to forget the scenery. Creative Resource the building is situated at a location where there is not much blockage and it is sunny and cooling out at the roof.
bought some claypot rice for lunch. the bowl kept moving around so much that it took me half an hour to finish it. I skipped breakfast since I am enjoying the morning wind and cant be bothered wasting time for breakfast.
the rest of the daytime is spent on idle chats, walking around and whats not...on to night time...
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The Prelouge: Nighttime
17th March 2005, Night before 1st day of CWS
======================================
night is the time when we started looking for "clients" who wanted to buy star buys but came too late. we help them buy at a charge. as it goes later into the night, more people arrived though by about 10pm not as much people started arriving. anyway I found mine at around 8pm. many of us made plans on how much to make within the next days though it is unfortunately disrupted. more on that later.
only at about midnight did the few of us go for "dinner". my senior called kang sheng (ks) brought me and his neighbour zhi chong (zc), also a commonwealthian, went to the area near Jurong East Central to have dinner. it is the first time I took the path right under the MRT track which brings us there much faster than walking on the main road. at night the place is pretty creepy for there is no light and the terrain isnt flat, not to forget small drains here and there. the MRT track in that area as you know is located in some sort of grass field and away from light sources except the front. this journey is quite fun and I loved it quite a lot personally. finally reached the 24h food court near the interchange and bought a drink there. dont feel like buying the only noodle stall open at that time even though I am hungry. really dont know why myself.
after going the same way back to the Headquarters again. ks after being there a few times of course knew a few nice spots in the building together with the other seniors. the three of us went to fifth storey only to find the other four there already sleeping. the fifth storey is a much better place to sleep than the queue area for there is aircon and the cool floor. unfortunately we somehow got spotted by the security guard on duty and made us go back down. on our way down we saw the black colour balls where a security camera is installed and the security person told us it is a security camera. I liked zc answer of "Har that is a security camera ah? I thought is disco ball!".
back down to first storey is about 1am++ and I decided to go to the "auditorium" which is quite near the queue area to sleep instead. it is more cooling there and all but I am feeding the mosquitos and I finally went back to the queue area and I saw the auntie at the first two seats (whom we got along pretty well with) has laid out three or four mats and zc decided to sleep there. we had a chat with the auntie for a while before going to sleep at about 2.30am.
======================================
Queueing for CWS Star Buys, The 1st Day: Daytime
18th March 2005, The 1st day of CWS
======================================
woke up at about 5.30am on that day after only about 3 hours of sleep and see ks sitting at the chair in front of me where I slept. seemed to me that he did not sleep at all. both of us went to clean ourselves up a bit and we joined Ruiming, yet another CCA senior and the son of the auntie in some card games. the personnel has gotten all signs up by now, probably hung on the previous night.
as we got later into the day. some people actually arrived only at about 7am++ hoping to get to buy the starbuys. with people like us around, fat hope. too bad we took all "clients" already...
at 10+am it is time to redeem tickets. we originally hoped to leave our bags at the seats, go up and buy the starbuys and pass it to the client and go back and queue. unfortunately the event official dont allow us to or I would have struck it rich. damn those idiots.
went home after this since I cant be bothered with buying a seat just to earn another 90 for the next day. not too worth it.
==================================
Visit to cousin's house
19th March 2005
==================================
went there to help them do a format and routinely install the standard drivers and applications back in. completed within 1+ hours since it is quite an easy job for me. other programs they wanna include they can install themselves.
basically spent most of the time resting there so nothing much to comment on.
==================================
Non Starbuys CWS Visit
20th March 2005
==================================
as my uncle wanted to get an MP3 player. I went to the CWS yet again and I chose a Rhomba NX for him finally for his focus is on FM and MP3. FM is the clearest with the NX and the MP3 functions of creative players are somewhat the same so it does not really matter.
quite tired now. may fill up with more stuff tomorrow.
