an events update
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
hey I overcame my laziness and I feel like writing a 1000+ words entry! see if I can reach that target with this one...
I decided to streamline the way I am going to do my major events updates (as in those which update four to five activities at a time) the previous way of presentation tends to make me put everything within one paragraph and keep digressing and the final product will just look like a whole load of bs written within a paragraph, like the last this new style (that is shamelessly copied from "Legal Grounds") have more paragraphing and the different events are sorted out into different sections (meaning I would digress in paragraphs instead, significantly from the Legal Grounds) and makes it easier to read.
as you can see most of my activities are cybernauts oriented, since it is the end of term 1 and it is the time to make refinements to the system, in fact this time it is a major overhaul too, just like the major overhaul from term 4 2004 to term 1 2005, with the new training systems proposed. more on that below... I would also be retaining my style of no capital letters across whole paragraph except first letter. I find it easier to type this way. it isnt much of a distraction either...
=========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2A
8th March 2005, Tuesday
=========================================
conducted while the members are having their routine trainings, it is somewhere at the staircase near computer laboratory 3. there is basically nothing done in this meeting except the idea of a Day Camp for March holidays and some footwork for it.
=========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2B
12th March 2005, Saturday
=========================================
this is conducted outside school in the noon at some particular corner at the 4th storey of the Jurong Regional Library. it is basically an extension to what we are doing on Meeting 2A and it is also this time when the scavenger hunt that took 7 hours of planning began. the planning of it did not end till late night online. anyway turns out that there are a few distractions in the library that kept the meeting from going smoothly and in the end wasting about an hour in total. the camp is already planned properly though. this meeting leads us to....
==========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2C
Night of 12th March 2005, Saturday till Night of 13th March 2005, Sunday ==========================================
at this meeting, there is only the paperwork to do for the day camp which is done seperately by different members in the management committee. this meeting is conducted online through multi-user chat in MSN Messenger, explaining its interesting times and days. there is a break in between somewhere but because I am not at home, I am only at the meeting during the late saturday night and late sunday night.
===========================================
Cybernauts March Day Camp 2005
14th March 2005, Monday
===========================================
this is your usual orientation-lookalike camp. icebreakers, scavenger hunts blahblah...only thing is people are split into groups to work on a flash presentation. as this camp is planned in quite a rush and the management committee did not really had something similar to planning a camp before, the timing went all screwed up. the icebreakers took up an hour instead of the planned half an hour and each of the introduction to the next section took 10 minutes extra. the 7 hours of brainpower scavenger hunt took only half an hour to complete.
people are running like The Amazing Race (1 to 7 also can) to get the clues. the next day camp will invovle 16 more challenging questions, guranteed to make the game more fun =D at the end of the day.
our senior chairman, mr ooi kang sheng, wrapped up the camp with a shortened version of the essential skills in the Adam Khoo's I am gifted, so are you day camp. overrunning the already 10 minutes overrun programme by another 50 minutes. it is supposed to end by 3.15 but turned out to be 4.15. anyway the speech is interesting and isnt a waste of time anyway.
===========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 3
14th March 2005, Monday
===========================================
this happened during the presentation production session at the exact same place of Meeting 2A. this meeting covers the administrative matters starting next term onwards, where the sec 4s would no longer participate in the activities of the CCA. not to forget, there is an overhaul on the training system as the current one used in term 1 proved to be not too successful and is still somewhat like last year. hopefully this refined system will be able to work well.
===========================================
enough of cybernauts stuff, now lets have some updates on personal life... ===========================================
even though it is the holidays, there is a WHOLE LOAD OF HOLIDAY HOMEWORK! this isnt a holiday at all. maybe it is because the teachers have a different opinion on what is a school holiday. I have...
- 3 maths algebra problem sums worksheets
- 1 home economics project
- 1 geography project
- 1 geography mindmap
- 30+ pages of geography workbook
- 1 comprehension
- 2 book reviews
- an upcoming chinese class test on monday
and I havent even started on either of them -.-"
guess I am dead. other than homework, I got quite a few places to visit too...
- my aunt workplace to fix her Chinese Star stuff
- cousin house to fix the computer (again)
- creative warehouse sale (or the creativex fest)
===========================================
Visit to aunt's workplace
16th March 2005, Wednesday
===========================================
I have been trying to get a working piece of Windows ME disc. if you have any, please be a kind soul and copy one for me as I need it to install my mother's DOS games (dont know why she likes those games so much but well...). all those ahem ones I bought are not working so far. I didnt know my luck is that lousy...
in case you are thinking, I wont be using the Windows ME, I would still be using Windows XP, but then I will dual boot it and you get to choose which do you wish to boot to.
why the sudden decision for something like this? I got a Seagate 160GB to store my ever expanding collection of variety shows and anime and finding 160GB a bit overkill to leave it all to videos and songs, I thought I might as well put the extra space to good use, and I can finally password protect Windows XP. but all these cant be carried out till I finally get a working WinME disc...which leads me to the main purpose of the visit. other than to fix the Chinese Star thing, I would also get the Win98 SE disc from them and see if I am able to upgrade to ME after installing Win98 SE. every visit there will usually turn up to be from like 2pm to 8pm. not to forget there is free food and computer use and airconditioning, I do quite like it there. I have been dragging this on since somewhere in January it is better that I get it done fast. another reason for visitng is to collect their unused battery chargers and the batteries. lets see whether it is those 2 hour chargers or something =D
==========================================
The Creative quarter-yearly warehouse sales: A Creativex Fest: Colour Fantasia
17th March 2005 to 19th March 2005, Friday to Sunday
==========================================
I am seriously considering the idea of queuing up for starbuys and selling away the seat at about 100 dollars (it is workable, my senior tried it before). a friend of mine and some seniors will also be in the queue and we can take care of each other. after 2 nights I will be 200 dollars richer...but well if I am queueing it would mean going on the previous day 7am to join the queue (this is how early the queue gets).
since there is about 5 to 6 people, we can all take care of each other like when the creative personnel come and conduct a check one of your friends can say that you are eating or you went to the toilet or something like that. in case you do not know, creative star buys are actually items priced at an extreme low price and you have to queue up overnight for it.
see http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_mar05/starbuys.asp for some indication of how low the prices are. if you are interested in getting them and dont feel like queuing overnight. you can pay me about 100-200 more than the star buys price and I will queue and get it for you. this idea seemed most workable with megaworks 5.1 and zen PMC on 3rd day.
=========================================
Visit to cousin house to fix computer
18th March 2005, Saturday
=========================================
since one of my three cousins using the poor overworked (though not as overworked as mine) Thunderbird 1.4 contacted it with some new found virus (actually it is a new variant of an old virus) which is the MSN messenger that what send this file that file one. she blur blur go accept then in the end tio liao. and I have to make a visit down to their house to make it work again.
anyway it is a good idea since I cant right click on my account's songs and videos after I deleted the stupid Home 2004 music video. killing two birds with one stone =D
fixing their computers if there is no interruption inclusive of format and install and all it is about 3 hours (though my own can take up to 7 hours with so many things to install and configure...) and can be considered quite an easy job
=========================================
according to microsoft word's word count this turns out to be a total of 1683 words, inclusive of below. so I have successfully completed this extremely long entry.
this article is not checked for grammatical, spelling and typing errors because it is so tiring to even type this long entry out. I believe you would be able to comprehend its contents even if there is any error in it.
till the next update.
I decided to streamline the way I am going to do my major events updates (as in those which update four to five activities at a time) the previous way of presentation tends to make me put everything within one paragraph and keep digressing and the final product will just look like a whole load of bs written within a paragraph, like the last this new style (that is shamelessly copied from "Legal Grounds") have more paragraphing and the different events are sorted out into different sections (meaning I would digress in paragraphs instead, significantly from the Legal Grounds) and makes it easier to read.
as you can see most of my activities are cybernauts oriented, since it is the end of term 1 and it is the time to make refinements to the system, in fact this time it is a major overhaul too, just like the major overhaul from term 4 2004 to term 1 2005, with the new training systems proposed. more on that below... I would also be retaining my style of no capital letters across whole paragraph except first letter. I find it easier to type this way. it isnt much of a distraction either...
=========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2A
8th March 2005, Tuesday
=========================================
conducted while the members are having their routine trainings, it is somewhere at the staircase near computer laboratory 3. there is basically nothing done in this meeting except the idea of a Day Camp for March holidays and some footwork for it.
=========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2B
12th March 2005, Saturday
=========================================
this is conducted outside school in the noon at some particular corner at the 4th storey of the Jurong Regional Library. it is basically an extension to what we are doing on Meeting 2A and it is also this time when the scavenger hunt that took 7 hours of planning began. the planning of it did not end till late night online. anyway turns out that there are a few distractions in the library that kept the meeting from going smoothly and in the end wasting about an hour in total. the camp is already planned properly though. this meeting leads us to....
==========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 2C
Night of 12th March 2005, Saturday till Night of 13th March 2005, Sunday ==========================================
at this meeting, there is only the paperwork to do for the day camp which is done seperately by different members in the management committee. this meeting is conducted online through multi-user chat in MSN Messenger, explaining its interesting times and days. there is a break in between somewhere but because I am not at home, I am only at the meeting during the late saturday night and late sunday night.
===========================================
Cybernauts March Day Camp 2005
14th March 2005, Monday
===========================================
this is your usual orientation-lookalike camp. icebreakers, scavenger hunts blahblah...only thing is people are split into groups to work on a flash presentation. as this camp is planned in quite a rush and the management committee did not really had something similar to planning a camp before, the timing went all screwed up. the icebreakers took up an hour instead of the planned half an hour and each of the introduction to the next section took 10 minutes extra. the 7 hours of brainpower scavenger hunt took only half an hour to complete.
people are running like The Amazing Race (1 to 7 also can) to get the clues. the next day camp will invovle 16 more challenging questions, guranteed to make the game more fun =D at the end of the day.
our senior chairman, mr ooi kang sheng, wrapped up the camp with a shortened version of the essential skills in the Adam Khoo's I am gifted, so are you day camp. overrunning the already 10 minutes overrun programme by another 50 minutes. it is supposed to end by 3.15 but turned out to be 4.15. anyway the speech is interesting and isnt a waste of time anyway.
===========================================
Cybernauts Management Committee Meeting 3
14th March 2005, Monday
===========================================
this happened during the presentation production session at the exact same place of Meeting 2A. this meeting covers the administrative matters starting next term onwards, where the sec 4s would no longer participate in the activities of the CCA. not to forget, there is an overhaul on the training system as the current one used in term 1 proved to be not too successful and is still somewhat like last year. hopefully this refined system will be able to work well.
===========================================
enough of cybernauts stuff, now lets have some updates on personal life... ===========================================
even though it is the holidays, there is a WHOLE LOAD OF HOLIDAY HOMEWORK! this isnt a holiday at all. maybe it is because the teachers have a different opinion on what is a school holiday. I have...
- 3 maths algebra problem sums worksheets
- 1 home economics project
- 1 geography project
- 1 geography mindmap
- 30+ pages of geography workbook
- 1 comprehension
- 2 book reviews
- an upcoming chinese class test on monday
and I havent even started on either of them -.-"
guess I am dead. other than homework, I got quite a few places to visit too...
- my aunt workplace to fix her Chinese Star stuff
- cousin house to fix the computer (again)
- creative warehouse sale (or the creativex fest)
===========================================
Visit to aunt's workplace
16th March 2005, Wednesday
===========================================
I have been trying to get a working piece of Windows ME disc. if you have any, please be a kind soul and copy one for me as I need it to install my mother's DOS games (dont know why she likes those games so much but well...). all those ahem ones I bought are not working so far. I didnt know my luck is that lousy...
in case you are thinking, I wont be using the Windows ME, I would still be using Windows XP, but then I will dual boot it and you get to choose which do you wish to boot to.
why the sudden decision for something like this? I got a Seagate 160GB to store my ever expanding collection of variety shows and anime and finding 160GB a bit overkill to leave it all to videos and songs, I thought I might as well put the extra space to good use, and I can finally password protect Windows XP. but all these cant be carried out till I finally get a working WinME disc...which leads me to the main purpose of the visit. other than to fix the Chinese Star thing, I would also get the Win98 SE disc from them and see if I am able to upgrade to ME after installing Win98 SE. every visit there will usually turn up to be from like 2pm to 8pm. not to forget there is free food and computer use and airconditioning, I do quite like it there. I have been dragging this on since somewhere in January it is better that I get it done fast. another reason for visitng is to collect their unused battery chargers and the batteries. lets see whether it is those 2 hour chargers or something =D
==========================================
The Creative quarter-yearly warehouse sales: A Creativex Fest: Colour Fantasia
17th March 2005 to 19th March 2005, Friday to Sunday
==========================================
I am seriously considering the idea of queuing up for starbuys and selling away the seat at about 100 dollars (it is workable, my senior tried it before). a friend of mine and some seniors will also be in the queue and we can take care of each other. after 2 nights I will be 200 dollars richer...but well if I am queueing it would mean going on the previous day 7am to join the queue (this is how early the queue gets).
since there is about 5 to 6 people, we can all take care of each other like when the creative personnel come and conduct a check one of your friends can say that you are eating or you went to the toilet or something like that. in case you do not know, creative star buys are actually items priced at an extreme low price and you have to queue up overnight for it.
see http://creativex.creative.com/promos/whs_mar05/starbuys.asp for some indication of how low the prices are. if you are interested in getting them and dont feel like queuing overnight. you can pay me about 100-200 more than the star buys price and I will queue and get it for you. this idea seemed most workable with megaworks 5.1 and zen PMC on 3rd day.
=========================================
Visit to cousin house to fix computer
18th March 2005, Saturday
=========================================
since one of my three cousins using the poor overworked (though not as overworked as mine) Thunderbird 1.4 contacted it with some new found virus (actually it is a new variant of an old virus) which is the MSN messenger that what send this file that file one. she blur blur go accept then in the end tio liao. and I have to make a visit down to their house to make it work again.
anyway it is a good idea since I cant right click on my account's songs and videos after I deleted the stupid Home 2004 music video. killing two birds with one stone =D
fixing their computers if there is no interruption inclusive of format and install and all it is about 3 hours (though my own can take up to 7 hours with so many things to install and configure...) and can be considered quite an easy job
=========================================
according to microsoft word's word count this turns out to be a total of 1683 words, inclusive of below. so I have successfully completed this extremely long entry.
this article is not checked for grammatical, spelling and typing errors because it is so tiring to even type this long entry out. I believe you would be able to comprehend its contents even if there is any error in it.
till the next update.
